[j-nsp] improving global unicast convergence (with or without BGP-PIC)

Michael Hare michael.hare at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 18 15:53:46 EDT 2017

Agreeing with Raphael, my reading implies indirect-next-hop cannot be disabled on TRIO.  That said I do explicitly configure it on all of our MX gear.

You may also want to look at indirect-next-hop-change-acknowledgements, in my case I use LFA and dynamic-rsvp-lsp and have it configured acknowledging (no pun intended) it may be adding to my poor convergence woes without BGP PIC.  FWIW I left krt-nexthop-ack-timeout at its default of 1s.

http://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/configuration-statement/indirect-next-hop-change-acknowledgements-edit-routing-options-forwarding-options.html

-Michael