[j-nsp] improving global unicast convergence (with or without BGP-PIC)

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 19 08:09:19 EDT 2017

Hi there,

The benefit is that value of INH mapped to a 100,000s of prefixes can be
quickly rewritten into another value - for a different INH pointing to
another iBGP peer.

Without INH, the forwarding NH value of EACH and EVERY prefix is
rewritten individually and for longer period of time.

Your example of "correctly programmed INH" with LFA show 2 preprogrammed
forwarding NHs which is orthogonal to the original topic of this discussion.

INH could be preprogrammed with one or multiple forwarding NHs, and to
achieve "multiple forwarding NHs" preprogramming, one uses ECMP, (r)LFA,
RSVP FRR, etc.

HTH

Thx

Alex