[j-nsp] improving global unicast convergence (with or without BGP-PIC)

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Wed Apr 19 08:42:05 EDT 2017

Wow, hold on a sec, we’re starting to mix things here,

Sorry maybe my bad, cause I’ve been using Cisco terminology,

Let me use juniper terminology:

I’d recommend using Juniper’s “Provider Edge Link Protection for BGP” (Cisco’s BGP PIC Edge). –which in Junos for some reason was supported only for eBGP session in routing-instance –that changes since 15.1.

-that’s what me and OP is talking about (at least I think that’s what OP is talking about)

Cmd:

set routing-instances radium protocols bgp group toCE2 family inet unicast protection

What you mentioned below is  Juniper’s “BGP PIC Edge” (Cisco’s BGP PIC Core).

Cmd:

[edit routing-instances routing-instance-name routing-options]

user at host# set protect core

adam

netconsultings.com

::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::