[j-nsp] 10Gbps xe interface to 20Gbps ae interface

Matt Freitag mlfreita at mtu.edu
Wed Aug 23 08:48:06 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anybody had any issues on an MX480 (13.3R9) moving a
single xe interface to an aggregated ethernet bundle of 2 xe interfaces.
These interfaces go to an EX virtual chassis. I already made the ae
interface on the switch side and assigned all the relevant VLANs.

Specifically my change plan for the MX reads:
top rename interfaces xe-1/0/0 to ae0
top replace pattern xe-1/0/0 with ae0

Generally I'm wondering what people's experiences with this have been.
Good/bad/ugly/indifferent...?

Thanks for the time! Let me know if you need more info.

Matt Freitag
Network Engineer
Information Technology
Michigan Technological University