[j-nsp] traceroute in mpls vpn's not showing P hops

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Aug 23 15:10:11 EDT 2017

Thanks, opps, I forgot to tell y'all I tried "set protocols mpls
icmp-tunneling" already and it didn't work.

Also, I need to mention that the vrf between the (2) CE's is built on top of
a unidirectional rsvp lsp.... I'm testing rsvp te to learn about it and I
only built the lsp in one direction to influence traffic one-way... So
Chris's comments about "sure you have LSP's in both directions"  makes me
wonder if I do the return rsvp LSP for the underlying rsvp te would that fix
it ? (furthermore, must the return rsvp te lsp follow the exact same path
for traceroutes to work ?! this would seem really limiting)

I mean, I have LDP running in the core also, this might be obvious since the
vrf is functional, and I'm pretty sure I would need the mpls control plane
to work bidirectionally to have the vrf function as it is.

Let me know what y'all think.

---------------rsvp te from pe to pe -------->   this direction only... I
allow the igp to decide the return path in the opposite direction

-Aaron