[j-nsp] Copper transcievers in QFX5100, EX4600 and ACX5048

Karl Gerhard karl_gerh at gmx.at
Tue Dec 5 09:40:04 EST 2017

Hello

the official documentation for QFX5100, EX4600 and ACX5048 contains the following statement:
https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/release-independent/junos/topics/reference/specifications/port-panel-qfx5100-48S.html
"Caution: Do not place a copper transceiver in an access port directly above or below another copper transceiver. Internal damage to the access ports and switch can occur. We recommend either using the top port row exclusively, or bottom port row exclusively, for copper transceivers."

Does this apply only to Direct Attach Cables or copper SFP modules oder both? This is potentially a big thing for us since we would like to use copper SFP modules on some of our devices.

Regards
Karl