[j-nsp] EX3400 experiences / software recommendation

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Dec 5 15:46:23 EST 2017

I have (2) of them in a new small data center deployment and they are
function fine.  However, the first 2 I deployed one of the them
crash-rebooted over and over... after talking to JTAC, I replaced it and now
all is well.  I run that same junos version you mentioned.  JTAC rma'd the
bad one.

{master:0}
gvtc at stlr-dcvc-3400> show version | grep "Model|Junos:|fpc"
fpc0:
Model: ex3400-24t
Junos: 15.1X53-D56
fpc1:
Model: ex3400-24t
Junos: 15.1X53-D56

{master:0}
gvtc at stlr-dcvc-3400> show virtual-chassis

Virtual Chassis ID: 4255.1234.2468
Virtual Chassis Mode: Enabled
                                                Mstr           Mixed Route
Neighbor List
Member ID  Status   Serial No    Model          prio  Role      Mode  Mode
ID  Interface
0 (FPC 0)  Prsnt    (removed) ex3400-24t     128   Master*      N  VC   1
vcp-255/2/3
1 (FPC 1)  Prsnt    (removed) ex3400-24t     128   Backup       N  VC   0
vcp-255/2/3

Member ID for next new member: 2 (FPC 2)

- Aaron Gould