[j-nsp] EX3400 experiences / software recommendation

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Dec 6 08:53:36 EST 2017

Thanks Gert for the heads-up, seems like I might be upgrading to D57 soon if
I see same issues you saw.

Your comment... "(And yes, there's virtualization things connected to these
switches, so VLANs *do* change... which shouldn't be something to worry
about, no?)"

If you are referring to servers running virtualization needing various
vlans... It's been my experience that I work with the linux/server guys and
they tell me what vlans they will need and I create that interface to have
all those vlans... you might be able to trunk and allow all vlans (1-4094 or
whatever that top vlan number is :) .... I'm usually more controlling than
that and add only the vlan tag id's they require.

-Aaron Gould