[j-nsp] Enhanced MX480 Midplane?

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sun Dec 10 12:34:35 EST 2017

> Sebastian Becker
> Sent: Friday, December 08, 2017 6:35 PM
>
> Hi all,
>
> so after checking that with Juniper we have got an update:
>
> MPC7E with SCBE2, Fabric Redundancy, Premium2 und Premium3: 340G
>
> Premium2 Chassis (non-enhanced midplane):
> MPC5E		205G
> MPC7E		400G - now 340G
>
> Premium3 Chassis (enhanced midplane):
> MPC5E		240G
> MPC7E		480G - now 340G
>
> So even the MPC7-10G will have a performace penalty on both midplanes in
> the redundancy mode.

Well yes, unfortunately SCBE2 is hugely underpowered for MPC7 -need to wait for SCBE3 to get redundancy.
For now we all need to run in performance mode, if I remember correctly fabric queuing/dropping worked as expected (trying to protect EF) in redundancy/overload mode with just two or even one SCBE2, some pre-classifier related problems, as always :)

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::