[j-nsp] tl1 transaction language

Phil Shafer phil at juniper.net
Mon Dec 11 00:07:38 EST 2017

jayshankar nair via juniper-nsp writes:
>I am looking for tl1 implementation in C/Linux. Is there any implementation available. Also i am looking for good documentation. Can i connect to tl1daemon by simple socket programming and send command and receive response.

Wow!  I've not heard of TL1 in a long time.  It was actually on the
list of possible protocols when we built our initial API back in
1998 or so.  We thought it was one of the one customers would want,
but no one ever asked for it so it was dropped and mostly forgotten.

I don't know of any C libraries for TL1, but my guess is that at
this stage you'd be better off teaching your NMS to work with current
technologies (NETCONF and YANG) than to teach your devices TL1.

What application are you looking to interface with?

Thanks,
 Phil