[j-nsp] What is your experience with the EX2200

Christian Scholz chs at ip4.de
Tue Dec 12 17:13:06 EST 2017

Unfortunately no pattern yet - all areas have problems - but if I have to
name one that has very "hard" Problems it will be dot1x...
Thing is, that we installed a lot of them in production, they were just fine
but after a while we noticed, that whenever we changed the config (even
changing a single VLAN) the Device crashes - no pattern - no Clue.
Core-Dump does not tell anything good.
JTAC is on this but didn't come up with a Solution yet - we replaced all of
them with the good old EX2200 and now the Production Network runs fine again
(Version 12.3R12-S6 I think).
We will test 17.4 or maybe even better 18.1 or 18.2 - the EX2300 needs to
become more mature before we trust it again.

By the way:
My earlier Mail was not meant to "bully" anyone - it was just my Opinion. I
love Juniper but the Software 15.1 is only a Joke - but enough said ;)