[j-nsp] Experience with Junos 15.1 on MX960?

Karl Gerhard karl_gerh at gmx.at
Wed Dec 13 16:19:58 EST 2017

Hello Aaron

they're mentioning MC-LAG because I explicitly asked about bugs/problems related to MC-LAG.

A big "thank you" to everyone who contributed to the discussion and shared their experinces.

@Nathan:
Switch problems with Junos 15.1 - for example this: https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/6tcf7p/lacp_between_juniper_switch_and_linux_host_not/
This is a complete show stopper for us since it means that after a reboot or a power outage your network will not come back up, you need to log in into every switch and execute commands on the FreeBSD console...
Another example of problems with Junos 15.1 is related to vlan-tagging not working properly on me0.

Regards
Karl