[j-nsp] Stiching L2 to L3 on MX480

Pshem Kowalczyk pshem.k at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:07:16 EST 2017

Hi,

We have an existing setup consisting of a number of ACX5k and MX480 (single
MPLS domain). We generally provide L2 services out of the ACXes and L3 out
of the MXes. Now, a new requirement emerged to provide L3 (with features
that ACX can't provide) in locations where we can't justify the MX.
I'd like to know if it's possible to do the following (and if anything
special is required on the MX)
1. Build a L2 PWE3 taking whole port on the ACX and logically terminate it
on the MX
2. The logical port on the MX (I presume 'lt') will be used to terminate
individual dot1q and QinQ services into L3 VPNs.

Looking at the documentation it appears to be possible, but I'd like to
know what sort of limitations this solution might have, particularly when
it comes to QoS on the MX.

kind regards
Pshem