[j-nsp] Stiching L2 to L3 on MX480

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Dec 21 05:01:30 EST 2017

Hi Pshem,

The feature designed specifically for what you are looking for is pseudowire
headend (or pseudowire headed termination PWHT on junos). I'm just really
surprised no one mentioned it already.
The limit is 2048 in 15.1 and should be raised to around 15k on 17.1.
But as always you should do a fair amount of scaling and performance testing
to see if it's suitable for your product scale and BW requirements.

I feel your pain when I was designing Carrier Ethernet  solution several
years ago when there was no PWHE available had to use two routers at the
head-end one to terminate PW into qinq and other with L3 to VRF.
The only other option was bridge-domain per PW which obviously does not
scale (well not at scales I needed anyways).

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::

MX.