[j-nsp] Stiching L2 to L3 on MX480

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Dec 21 05:14:49 EST 2017

Hi Aaron,

In Carrier Ethernet VLAN IDs are arbitrary at both ends of the PW.
In other words, you can do whatever you want at each end pop/push/translate
one/two VLAN headers (QinQ or 802.1ad).
The only thing that both ends need to agree on with regards to VLAN tagging
is the resulting MTU.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::