[j-nsp] Poll Question (VRF scale on MX)

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Thu Dec 21 06:19:09 EST 2017

Hi folks,

I have this large scale rollout and while doing scaling testing and Juniper
recommendations will get you some confidence, I'd like to understand where
we land on the graph in comparison with other operators (can't get this info
from Juniper folks unfortunately).
But we can build our own anonymous public database right here on the list.
So what I'd like to collect from you all is:

Junos code version:
Number of VRFs:
Number of destinations (total or average per VRF):
Output from: request pfe execute target fpc0 command "show jnh 0 pool" (+
type of card this was executed on)
	- this output will tell you where you are at with regards to your
next-hop memory utilization (whether you are within the pre-allocated 2+2M
or already borrowing something from the shared pool)

You can contact me on or off list and I shall publish a summary graph
(anonymous of course)

Thank you very much.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::