[j-nsp] JFlow / IPFIX / Mac Addresses, IX Fabrics

John Brown john at citylinkfiber.com
Fri Dec 29 14:00:59 EST 2017

Hello all you wonderful JUNOS geeks :)
Happy New Year!

Couple of quick questions:

Current platform
MX480
RE-1800x4
MPC3-3D
MPC2-3D
1Gig and 10Gig MIC's
SCBE

Wanting to get flow data for both IPv4 and IPv6. Seems I need IPFIX
for this????

I'm also trying to get MAC addresses into my flows so that I can sort out
which peer at a shared IX fabric (Think Equinix IBX, or LINX) is sending me
packets of love.

I'm ingesting into ELK and similar OS tools.
Would like to do 1:1 for good resolution.
The data is for security, forensics, historical, troubleshooting, back
tracing DDOS, etc.

Any tips / suggestions / sample configs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..