[j-nsp] VC ports on EX4300

Valentini, Lucio Lucio.Valentini at siag.it
Tue Feb 14 06:17:56 EST 2017

Hi there,

I was wondering what speed  of VC port is necessary if I have 10 Gbps ports as traffic ports on a VC with EX4300; would VC ports at 10 Gbps be enough or do I need 40 Gbps ports? The 2 switches will be over 100 meters apart from each other, so I need to use the uplink module ports to make the VC. But the EX4300-32F has also an 40 GbE additional  uplink module, which could be used if necessary.

Also, if I need 40 GbE ports to make the VC, do I need single mode fibers to cover 100 meters or is multimode sufficient? I found in some documentation that with 40 GbE, single mode is necessary for distances over 150 meters: In this case I really have to be careful about the measurement of the distance.

Thanks for your thoughts

Regards

Lucio