[j-nsp] L2 Channel Errors

Alexander Arseniev arseniev at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 21 01:20:17 EST 2017

Hello,

By default, Cisco floods all VLANs to all trunk ports. SRX does not
support VTP & VTP pruning so it cannot tell Cisco to stop sending
useless frames to it.

On 6500 port facing SRX, configure "cdp disable", "spanning-tree
portfast trunk" & "switchport trunk allowed vlan BLAH1 BLAH2" etc to
include ONLY VLANs that actually are defined in SRX.

HTH
Thx
Alex