[j-nsp] QFX5100 routing engine filter eats customer l2circuit packets

nebu thomas nebuvthomas at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 14 03:25:11 EST 2017

Hi Chris,
Per your email , I understand it is this specific payload coming thru the L2ckt which is reporting this issue .
<<<<<<<<<<<<Werecently enabled LDP on the QFX to enable l2circuits for customers.
A few customers had a variety of issues, circuits would only pass traffic successfully when we dropped our lo0 filter on the QFX . Filter in question has a default discard action.

Example: Customer running EIGRP on their equipment, hello packets (224.0.0.10) would ingress on QFX l2circuit ethernet-ccc interface and not egress on the far end. As a test, we also had them set static EIGRP
neighbors (Unicast) but they had the same issue.>>>>>>>>>>>>
So here the issue  you are seeing is when these particular pkts are the" payload " of L2ckt .
Hence my earlier suggestion to test with14.1X53-D40 , and verify whether it helps in your case .
--Thanks ,  Nebu.