[j-nsp] MX 15.1R4 port-mirror reliability

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Jan 17 14:19:56 EST 2017

Has anyone found MX port-mirror to be unreliable?  Either missing some
traffic or showing more traffic than should be there (e.g. from other
interfaces than the one(s) you have configured for port-mirroring)?
I'm using "family inet" port mirror on 15.1R4 and I can't explain why
some flows are showing up on the two ports I have mirrored, but I know
some of those sources are communicating over a different interface
that isn't mirrored.

Thanks.