[j-nsp] BGP add-path on QFX

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Jan 30 04:58:02 EST 2017

Actually never mind, in pure IP environment you'd still need add-path/diverse-path feature to get the alternate ORR paths across to clients.

But actually the whole purpose of ORR was to distribute primary as well as alternate/backup paths, but in an optimal way, as opposed to brute force *all paths(Type1 RDs) or inefficient primary/backup paths(add-paths).

The Junos configuration actually allows for manual definition of primary and backup virtual location.
(hoping for automatic and/or policy-based primary and best backup selection in future).

*The number of paths advertised with this approach can actually be scaled down with careful assignment of RDs among given set of AS-exits.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::