[j-nsp] Why JUNOS need re-establish neighbour relationship when configuring advertise-inactive

Roger Wiklund roger.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 08:32:02 EDT 2017

Hi

Indeed you are right Saku.

set routing-instances VR2 protocols bgp group TO-VR1-AND-VR2 neighbor
10.0.0.1 peer-as 100
set routing-instances VR2 protocols bgp group TO-VR1-AND-VR2 neighbor
20.0.0.2 advertise-inactive
set routing-instances VR2 protocols bgp group TO-VR1-AND-VR2 neighbor
20.0.0.2 peer-as 300

Session reset when I added advertise-inactive to the neighbor.

Before:
Group Type: External                               Local AS: 200
  Name: TO-VR1-AND-VR2  Index: 4                   Flags: <>
  Holdtime: 0
  Total peers: 2        Established: 2
  10.0.0.1+179
  20.0.0.2+179
  VR2.inet.0: 0/1/1/0

After:
Group Type: External                               Local AS: 200
  Name: TO-VR1-AND-VR2  Index: 4                   Flags: <>
  Holdtime: 0
  Total peers: 1        Established: 1
  10.0.0.1+179
  VR2.inet.0: 0/1/1/0

Group Type: External                               Local AS: 200
  Name: TO-VR1-AND-VR2  Index: 1                   Flags: <>
  Holdtime: 0
  Total peers: 1        Established: 1
  20.0.0.2+179
  VR2.inet.0: 0/0/0/0

So a workaround would be to put it in a separate group then...

/Roger