[j-nsp] Why JUNOS need re-establish neighbour relationship when configuring advertise-inactive

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Tue Jul 18 09:59:07 EDT 2017

> Of James Bensley
> Sent: Monday, July 17, 2017 3:16 PM
>
> We have seen on IOS many times when activating a new NLRI/address-family
> between two peers the router will immediately bounce the session so that
> the new NLRI can be negotiated and used, rather than waiting for the
session
> to be manually cleared for example. I find that quite annoying. Does
anyone
> know if Junos has the same behaviour?

Yeah, would be nice if any such a change would give you a choice to reset
session immediately after commit or wait for manual intervention by operator
(where the latter would be pre-selected).

But that's a well-known protocol limitation, where Capabilities as defined
by RFCRFC3392 can be exchanged only in optional parameters field at the end
of a BGP-4 OPEN msg, that can't be worked around unless both speakers
support RFC5492 which obsoletes RFC3392.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::