[j-nsp] JSU vs an X release

Aaron Dewell aaron.dewell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:28:16 EDT 2017

Hi Adam,

A JSU is a point fix for one particular PR, and is tested against that PR.  If there's any risk for the fix affecting other things, it won't be considered a JSU candidate and you'll be asked to move to the next SR (or special, i.e. X release).  Thus, testing performed on a JSU is specific to that PR, but by their nature and approval process, no further regression is needed.  Thus, they can be delivered much faster.

Aaron