[j-nsp] cheapest juniper router capable of lsys

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue Jun 27 17:24:40 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 08:57:10PM +0000, Simone Spinelli wrote:
> For study/personal lab I would also take a look at firefly image for
> vagrant.

FWIW: firefly == vSRX, already mentioned in this thread.

Somebody else writes (sorry, too much quoting cruft to keep it all straight).
> > I thought this was vMX.  Is it?
> >
> > root at r8-j> show version
> > Hostname: r8-jF3.11 built 2015-10-27 19:44:47 UTC
> > Model: olive
> > Junos: 15.1F3.11

Yes, this is an early testing version of vMX. They changed it
considerably about a year ago and made it production worthy.

The earliest versions did report olive (which really is just what
any regular JunOS supervisor engine code reports if it is running
on a FreeBSD box of anykind without the special hardware that makes
real things go).

When the new version of vMX was released about a year ago, it no
longer reported that way, so try upgrading it to the latest code?