[j-nsp] can i get junos file from device

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Wed Jun 28 21:10:53 EDT 2017

It validates the checksums then stores an installer locally (with the content of the tgz) that will be started at next boot, which will install the OS and stores the stuff (mainly to /packages/). On some platforms  the new OS is installed to the alternate boot partition (on EX platforms by example) which will the active one at next boot.

Usually you use the command with the no-copy option to avoid getting/keeping a useless additional local copy of the tgz archive itself (in /var/tmp/ I guess).