[j-nsp] Generating routes from inactive/hidden contributors

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Mar 3 06:32:31 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm looking to generate a route, and do so even if the contributing
routes are inactive or hidden.

The use case is to receive a full feed from an upstream provider and
generate a default route pointing to that provider IFF I've received at
least one route from them that proves that they are in turn receiving
routes from their upstream(s). The point of having this generated
default route is of course to be able to optimise away all the (now
redundant) contributing routes.

I've tried the following as a proof of concept:

set routing-options rib inet.0 generate route 1.1.0.0/19 policy testpol
set policy-options policy-statement testpol term 1 from as-path teliatest
set policy-options policy-statement testpol term 1 then accept
set policy-options policy-statement testpol term 2 then reject
set policy-options as-path teliatest .*1299.*

While I do have contributing routes within 1.1.0.0/19 matching the
as-path, they are all inactive, and thus the generated route does not
go active either. Furthermore, it makes no difference to add:

set policy-options policy-statement testpol term 1 from state inactive

I also get the same results if I filter out the contributing routes in
my upstream's import policy (i.e., making them hidden rather than
inactive).

Anyone know of a clever trick to get the behaviour I'd like?

Tore