[j-nsp] conditional route import

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Sun Mar 12 06:32:23 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

Anyone tried to use "if-route-exists" or the "rib has route" condition for
route import as opposed to the more usual route export or default route
origination respectively?
Can't find it documented anywhere and it's not working, but I'm just curious
what are your thoughts on the concept of general routing behaviour
programmability using routing information.
I need the network to reprogram itself based on routing events without the
YANG/NETCONF complexity.
And for that I'd need a route and it's specific parameter or a set of
parameters to be used as an instruction or a trigger.
I'd like to be able to use a more general from of condition in
routing-policies (or even forwarding filters or QOS-policies).

Example:

condition_1
if (route = x.x.x.x/x in VRF A) AND (igp metric to NH < 100)
then
condition_1 == TRUE

route-policy 1
if
route = y.y.y.y/y AND if condition_1 == TRUE
then
set local-preference 120 AND accept

bgp
VRF A neighbour z.z.z.z route-policy 1 in

The trigger route can be constructed at the trigger router and advertised
into an intended VRF or to a separate "instructions-VRF", dedicated to
contain these special purpose routes if we don't want to mix these
instruction routes with regular routing information.
Or the trigger route could be a regular routing info with a specific set of
attributes that we intend to use as a marker of a specific network event
that we want to act upon in case it happens.

I'd appreciate any feedback.

adam

netconsultings.com
::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::