[j-nsp] reinject traffic from DDoS filtering device

Amos Rosenboim amos at oasis-tech.net
Fri May 5 04:41:15 EDT 2017

Hi,

We are utilizing FBF/PBR quite extensively mainly for redirecting traffic to value added services platforms (caching, content filtering etc').

One nice feature in Junos is the ability to apply the filter on output interfaces and avoiding loops using interface groups.

Of course it's not a very scalable solution, but in a network with a couple exit routers it works perfectly.

In one of the cases we even have a server that dynamically changed prefix lists based on the load on an external system.

We had it working for years before we realized we are actually implementing an SDN controller, so good to be on top of the hype ;-)

Amos

Sent from my iPhone