[j-nsp] reinject traffic from DDoS filtering device

Dragan Jovicic draganj84 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 08:16:25 EDT 2017

> If the scrubber system fails, redirected traffic will be dropped (we are
> aware of this).
>
> It may sound insufficient to you, but keeping the setup as easy as
> possible is a main goal here, scaling to dozens of routers does not
> matter.

The reason why you put traffic in L3VPN is that it gives you lots of
flexibility. So you can redirect traffic locally, but still have option to
failover to remote scrubber. And the design is not any more complicated
compared to what you want. But I respect your opinion.
The power of flowspec is that it gives you lots of flexibility in what you
want to redirect, not just destination address; it's effectively a firewall
filter pushed over BGP from a single device. So question is if you need all
that.

+Dragan