[j-nsp] SRX 5600 IDP database update

harbor235 harbor235 at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:57:57 EDT 2017

I am preparing to perform a production/live IDP database update on my
SRX5600. Unfortunately my google-foo is eluding me and cannot find
reference to how the IDP database update affects traffic routed through the
SRX while the update is in process. The 5600 has separate FW and IDP
processes so traffic will flow, perhaps not through the IDP process?

Is there a moment in which no traffic is being processed by the IDP process?
I assume the IDP process is restarted?

Any insight or url reference is greatly appreciated,

Mike