[j-nsp] A wierd problem with QinQ at QFX5100

Giuliano C. Medalha giuliano at wztech.com.br
Sat May 27 15:50:38 EDT 2017

Andrew

Good afternoon.

Q-in-Q works fine here for us in our production networks and in our labs.

Do you need the a sample config ?

We need to umderstand the topology to help. You can contact us in private.  Can you share with us ?

The problem is not qinq itself ... the problem is the limited numbers of protocols supported by L2PT in Junos ELS ( for qfx5100 )

My sugestion is to buy the EDGE license and use MPLS L2circuit to transport protocols PDUs ... only if you need it.

But if you does not need the pdu transport and need point to multipoint solutions ... another way is to use VXLAN / EVPN config.  Works fine for the QFX family

We have this solutions implemented in some service providers and DC environments ... and they use an access switch ( like ex2200 ) to encapsulate pdu using qinq before the qfx5100. Works fine and we can automate it with a tool that we developed ( in cloud ) to provision the vxlan tunnel on each qfx5100 interface.

Hope this helps

Att,

Giuliano C. Medalha
WZTECH NETWORKS