[j-nsp] QFX5100 Buffer allocation for burst be traffic

Chen Jiang ilovebgp4 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 07:26:17 EDT 2017

Hi! Experts

Sorry for disturbing, we are using QFX5100 virtual-chassis for
distrubiuting storage traffic, the average traffic volume is 2-3 Gbps but
there is burst traffic will exceed the interface bandwidth (we see there
are tailed drop counter keep increasing in best-effort queue), so we want
to reallocate maximum switch buffer for  egress be traffic, from the JUNOS
document it seems there is a knob to do this:

lab at qfx5100> show configuration class-of-service shared-buffer
ingress {
    percent 100;
    buffer-partition lossless {
        percent 5;
    }
    buffer-partition lossy {
        percent 90;
    }
    buffer-partition lossless-headroom {
        percent 5;
    }
}
egress {
    percent 100;
    buffer-partition lossless {
        percent 5;
    }
    buffer-partition lossy {
        percent 90;
    }
    buffer-partition multicast {
        percent 5;
    }
}

Is there any experience or any best practice to do this? Thanks for your
help!

--
BR!

           James Chen