[j-nsp] Can I have multiple route-based VPN over multiple st0 interfaces

M Abdeljawad eng_mahmood48 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 22:37:30 EDT 2017

Hi
But the tunnels peering with non juniper firewalls, so I didnt assign st0 interfaces an IP addresses.And since all st0 interfaces are unnumbered then I think one out of them will borrow the external interface IP address.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Friday, November 3, 2017, 4:21 AM, Hugo Slabbert <hugo at slabnet.com> wrote:

On Fri 2017-Nov-03 00:57:47 +0000, M Abdeljawad via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net> wrote:

>Hi
>I want to create three VPN tunnels with third party peers, I want to use
>route-based VPN with traffic selector as each tunnel has multiple
>destinations.So can I use multiple st0 interfaces "one for each tunnel"?

Yes; the routed IPSEC tunnels are bound to subinterfaces to st0, so e.g.
st0.1 (unit 1), st0.2, st0.3, and so forth.  Set that interface or the IP
on the other end as your next-hop for whatever traffic you want to push
through that particular tunnel (or run a routing protocol across it if
that's preferred) and go to town.

>(As I have only one VPN tunnel up out of the three tunnels).

I don't understand this part.  I don't see anything that would prevent you
from having all of the tunnels up simultaneously unless you want to
intentionally shut them for some reason.

Hugo Slabbert      | email, xmpp/jabber: hugo at slabnet.com
pgp key: B178313E  | also on Signal