[j-nsp] VCCP

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Thu Nov 16 09:51:23 EST 2017

Virtual Chassis shares the management, control, and data planes across the two routers.  I don't like that from a high-availability standpoint.  The two routers are tightly coupled with software versions, bootup, etc.

MC-LAG shares some of the control and data planes via ICCP but maintains separate routing & management planes so it is better in that respect.

But IMO the best architecture is a L3 routed one.  If you need L2 services to extend across the L3 then use MPLS services such as EVPN.