[j-nsp] Syslog getting spammed by DDOS_PROTOCOL_VIOLATION_SET

Timur Maryin timamaryin at mail.ru
Tue Nov 21 07:10:08 EST 2017

Hi Karl,

DDOS subsystem applies only to the traffic destined to the host (router
itself) and not transit traffic.

When you announce that /18 have you got all destinations of that /18
reachable by the router? Have you got default route ?

The graceful way to handle those messages is to figure out what causing
them i presume.

I'd start figuring out what's going on from answering above questions
and looking at below outputs:

  show ddos-protection protocols resolve statistics brief
  show ddos-protection protocols violations

I'm sure if you google this topic you may find a lot of information as well