[j-nsp] Using a QFX5100 without QFabric?

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Tue Oct 24 15:00:23 EDT 2017

     Without ASCII art:

         We have P(MX), a P(vMX), a PE1 (QFX5100), and PE2 (QFX5100),
all with ISIS, MPLS, RSVP/LDP, BGP underlay, cluster and multipath.

         The (EVPN) broadcast is handled by the P's but once that
discovery is done, the traffic passes between the PE's without bouncing
thru the P's.

         Good enough for what it is.

     Must be the same deal with VPLS.

     Caveats: Can't mix EVPN and/or L2 and/or CCC on the same port.
Right now EVPN+CCC works for our lab, but it must be a fluke.

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443