[j-nsp] Best practice for igp/bgp metrics

Alexander Dube nsp at layerwerks.net
Tue Oct 24 06:50:53 EDT 2017

Hello,

we're redesigning our backbone with multiple datacenters and pops currently and looking for a best practice or a recommendation for configuring the metrics.
What we have for now is a full meshed backbone with underlaying isis. IBGP exports routes without any metric. LSP are in loose mode and are using isis metric for path calculation.

Do you have a recommendation for metrics/te ( isis and bgp ) to have some values like path lengh ( kilometers ), bandwidth, maybe latency, etc inside of path calculation?

Kind regards
Alex