[j-nsp] Unequal bandwidth on virtual chassis ports?

Pavel Lunin plunin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 18:18:52 EDT 2017

In fact, the ring is "required" for each type of links: 32/40g stacking
ports, xe and ge separately.

This comes from the underlying ISIS LFA aka VC fast reroute feature. Two
alternative routes are installed into the FIB for each destination, if one
link fails, the corresponding route is withdrawn quickly and the
alternative one is already there, so you don't have to wait while SFP
reconverges. This works only for the same type of links in an LFA pair.

IIRC, VC fast reroute is enabled by default for 40/32G links, for xe and ge
you need to enable it manually.

If you don't have a ring for a given type of VCP links, VC will work
without fast reroute, you'll just have a bit longer outage time in case of
a failure (need to wait until ISIS detects the failure and reconverges).

Regards,
Pavel

26 окт. 2017 г. 11:17 ПП пользователь "Chris Kawchuk" <juniperdude at gmail.com>