[j-nsp] MPC5EQ Feedback?

Scott Harvanek scott.harvanek at login.com
Tue Oct 31 14:57:24 EDT 2017

Hey folks,

We have some MX480s we need to add queuing capable 10G/40G ports to and it looks like MPC5EQ-40G10G is going to be our most cost effective solution.  Has anyone run into any limitations with these MPCs that aren’t clearly documented?

We intend to use them for L3/VLAN traffic w/ CoS/Shaping.  Currently we’re doing that on MPC2E NG Qs w/ 10XGE-SFPP MICs , any reason we couldn’t do the same on this along with the adding of the 40G ports? Any Layer3 limitations or the normal 2MM/6MM FIB/RIB?

Scott H