[j-nsp] Going Juniper

mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com
Mon Apr 9 21:45:15 EDT 2018

Greetings,

    I am looking for some advice concerning juniper as an edge router.

    I see there is a terrific amount of used mx104 and mx240 out there
and the specs all seem great. What I'm looking to do is have 2x 10g
feeds, route bgp, do flow exporting, and do a certain amount of ingress
filtering to protect the network from ddos.Id even like to do cgnat for
up to 5000 users but not sure if a single box setup would be wise.

    I just don't have a handle on the various juniper platforms and
route engine options. Love to keep this under $20,000 and get a load of
10g interfaces. Anyone here can tell me what I should be looking for?

Mike-