[j-nsp] Going Juniper

Olivier Benghozi olivier.benghozi at wifirst.fr
Tue Apr 10 18:23:21 EDT 2018

Hi,

While PPC is clearly slower than x86 stuff, the problem is that JunOS should have never been compiled for this architecture. I suppose/hope that the product manager who took such decision is now in a madhouse.

« if we compare MX80 and RSP720, where RSP720 has slightly lower performance CPU, RSP720 out-performs MX80 (and MX104) in BGP convergence and BGP scale. »