[j-nsp] Going Juniper

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed Apr 18 09:43:31 EDT 2018

Really?  I'm hearing rumblings of pain in new XR upgrades

google - [c-nsp] Cisco ASR99xx 64-bit upgrade 6.3.1 to 6.3.2

or....

https://lists.gt.net/cisco/nsp/199480

I can't say from experience since I'm sitting on 4.1.2 (lol, hey, it
works!).... I recall XR and PIES being for straightforward, but I don't
think Junos upgrades for me have been as involved as XR and separate PIES

I upgraded (5) MX960's within the past week to newer Junos with vmhost using
ISSU process and it went very nicely

I upgraded an EX4550 yesterday for 40 gig pic compatibility and it also went
nicely

Cisco and Juniper wouldn't have made it this far in the network industry if
they both weren't great options.  It is interesting to compare two great
things :)

- Aaron