[j-nsp] EVPN with IRB and static routing

Alex D. listensammler at gmx.de
Thu Apr 19 08:48:50 EDT 2018

Hi Peter
> What is the status of the route on PE2?
The route is "active" and is falsely reacheable via the local irb.1002
a.b.c.d/n     *[Static/5] 3d 01:33:57, tag 104
 > to x.x.x.x via irb.1002

> > show route forwarding-table destination a.b.c.d
> Is it "hold"?
Yes it is "hold".
Destination        Type RtRef Next hop           Type Index    NhRef Netif
a.b.c.d/n         user     0 x.x.x.x           hold     1872     4 irb.1002

> If yes, try to deactivate CNH for family evpn ingress,
I didn't configure chained-composite-nexthop explicitely, because it is
activated by junos-defaults. How can i deactivate it in this case ?

> export Host routes via routing policy, install the static route with
> the option "resolve" and "longest-match".
I configured the static route with the proposed options. Now it looks as
follows:
Destination        Type RtRef Next hop           Type Index    NhRef Netif
a.b.c.d/n          user     0                    indr  1048944     2
                               x.x.x.x           hold     1872     3
irb.1002

But which host routes do you mean ? Host routes for the respective DMZ
hosts ?

Regards,
Alex