[j-nsp] Going Juniper

Josh Richesin josh at surelinebroadband.com
Thu Apr 19 10:50:17 EDT 2018

CONFIDENTIAL and/or SENSITIVE Information Enclosed. This message cannot be forwarded, printed, or otherwise used without the sole and express permission of Sureline Broadband. Confidentiality Notice: This message and all attachments are subject to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, Title 18 U.S.C. This email may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or you have received this email in error, please delete this email, and contact us immediately at billing at surelinebroadband.com.

Sureline Broadband - Confidential: This content is proprietary information intended for internal use only. This content cannot be modified, copied, forwarded or printed without the sole and express permission of Sureline Broadband.

I think it is by design as well, but really defeating the purpose therefore misleading us – the loyal customers.   Juniper is an excellent platform, but sometimes you want / need to start small and grow into a device.  Like previously mentioned, the MX104 is pretty ridiculous.  I am sure Juniper lost some loyal Juniper fans over this as the bean counters are saying, “what do you mean it is going to cost that much more $$$ to enable the 10g ports that are just sitting there.”  In my opinion, they should have at least made it the same cost, or maybe a little more money.  It is actually cheaper for the guys that bought MX104’s to buy a new MX204, than to upgrade the MX104 Base effectively making the initial MX104 an expensive boat anchor.

Josh

On 4/19/18, 2:30 AM, "juniper-nsp on behalf of Mark Tinka" <juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net on behalf of mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

    On 10/Apr/18 15:10, Josh Baird wrote:
    > I have found the licensing costs on the MX104 to be pretty ridiculous.  I
    > can buy a brand new MX204 with plenty of 10Gbps interfaces for cheaper than
    > it would be up upgrade the "base" MX104 (MX104-MX5 bundle) to enable the
    > four of the built-in 10Gbps interfaces and additional chassis throughput.

    I think that is by design :-).

    Mark.