[j-nsp] Cost of vMX

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Apr 20 20:19:58 EDT 2018

Hey,

>From BOM POV if you have to pay for the XEONs it probably isn't very
good value proposal per Mpps. However if you have poor pricing for MX,
good pricing on your XEON and modest pps need, maybe it makes sense.

I've seen JNPR sell MX80 under 4k (back when they were newish, before
MX104 existed), which is still good money for PQ3 and Trio in BOM
perspective, but not very good consider how low volume JNPR is, and
how R&D expensive it is to do Trio and PEchip.

I wish JNPR would split into three companies, JNPR SW, JNPR HW, JNPR
Integrator, so that they'd increase their volumes. I fear that at
shrinking market cap they may become attractive acquisition target for
company wanting to have established customer relations in US, company
who otherwise struggles culturally to sell in US.

On 21 April 2018 at 02:45,  <mike+jnsp at willitsonline.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Since it was mentioned, I have been wondering the cost of going with
> the software solution vMX as opposed to real hardware. Seems like it
> should be a lot better right?
>

> Mike-

  ++ytti