[j-nsp] MX104 and NetFlow - Any horror story to share?

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Mon Apr 30 15:34:20 EDT 2018

     Hi,

Anyone has any horror stories with something similar to what we're about
to do?

     We're planning to turn up the following Netflow config (see below)
on our MX104s (while we wait for our new MX960 =D), it worked well with
everything else (SRX mostly), the "*s**et chassis"* are making us wonder
how high would be the possibility to render those system unstable, at
short and long term.

     Thanks again for your time.

     PS: We're using Elastiflow, and its working great for our needs atm.

------ A bit of context

         Model: mx104
         Junos: 16.1R4-S1.3

     They're routing about 20Gbps atm, with 5 full tables peers, ~0.20
load average, and 700MB mem free.

------ The Netflow config

*set chassis tfeb0 slot 0 sampling-instance NETFLOW-SI*

*set chassis fpc 1 sampling-instance NETFLOW-SI*

set services flow-monitoring version9 template FM-V9 option-refresh-rate
seconds 25
set services flow-monitoring version9 template FM-V9
template-refresh-rate seconds 15
set services flow-monitoring version9 template FM-V9 ipv4-template

set forwarding-options sampling instance NETFLOW-SI input rate 1
run-length 0
set forwarding-options sampling instance NETFLOW-SI family inet output
flow-server <snip> port 2055
set forwarding-options sampling instance NETFLOW-SI family inet output
flow-server <snip> source <Mgmt>
set forwarding-options sampling instance NETFLOW-SI family inet output
flow-server <snip> version9 template FM-V9
set forwarding-options sampling instance NETFLOW-SI family inet output
inline-jflow source-address <Mgmt>

set interfaces <X> unit <Y> family inet sampling input
set interfaces <X> unit <Y> family inet sampling output

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443