[j-nsp] Convergence time

Raphael Maunier raphael at zoreole.com
Thu Aug 9 03:53:10 EDT 2018

MX80 (5-10-40) is a very old platform with a cpu less powerful than your cell phone.
2-3 minutes seems to be a very good performance for this platform :)

I had a customer with 2* MX80 with peering and 4 full feed (95% or ram used !), and I have seen more than 8 minutes during a flap. Convergence is a pain on this hw.
Unless you really need to have the full feed, you should consider to get a default route from your upstream and filter greater than /22 (or 21).

MX204 will be the best choice (mx150 is a cpu based platform)

Raphael

Envoyé de mon iPhone