[j-nsp] LACP hashing algorithm

Pavel Lunin plunin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 15:21:18 EDT 2018

To troubleshoot this kind of condition, you need to understand 1) the
complete structure of the headers (is there any tunneling, MPLS,
pseudowires etc) 2) what kind of forwarding decision your MX performs for
those packets: IP LPM only, Ethernet switching, IP + Ethernet (irb-based
L3), MPLS, MPLS+IP ect.

If you have Ethernet bridging towards this interface, it might be a result
of unknown unicast or some other sort of flooding (e. g. multicast dst MAC).

Also cheek the [edit forwarding-options enhanced-hash-key] configuration.
People often tend to put nonsense there.

If it resembles a bug, there is a uKernel command to check the "really"
(from the MPC's point of view) applied hash-key config. Being far from my
PC I don't remember the exact syntax, you can find it at least in David
Roy's brochure "an expert packet walkthrough on the mx series 3d" or
someone here might remind us.

--
Pavel

пт, 10 авг. 2018 г., 20:43 junos fordummies via juniper-nsp <